However, the outlook for Sunday has deteriorated. The Ouse is currently 1.6m and rising, it needs to be below 1.2m. The height of the river on Sunday depends on how much rain falls in the Penines today / tomorrow and, at the moment, it looks like it may be above the towpath. That fact, combined with the forecast cold, wet, windy weather means we are at risk of partial (cancelling more vulnerable events) or total abandonment.
We are receiving information from the Environment Agency and will give a further update later today. A final decision will be made by tomorrow afternoon.